Great weather is on tap for this Friday evening. Enjoy viewing this family classic on a big screen on the Arboretum's Great Lawn. Picnics are welcome. Bring a blanket or chairs.
Date: Friday, August 27 - No advance registration needed
Time: 7:30 pm. Arboretum opens at 6pm
The Friends start celebrating their 40th Anniversary with a fabulous trip to Scotland in May/June 2011, just in time for the Edinburgh Flower Show.
Join us Sunday afternoon, September 12th from 2:00pm - 4:00pm to learn all about the public and private gardens (and a wee bit of shopping) that travelers will enjoy at this informational talk complete with Scottish fare and accompanying bagpipers. Speakers include Susan Cloyd from C-I-E Tours International and Trip Co-Chairs Karen Curry and Ollie Acheson. There will be a bagpipe performance and, of course, food. We will have a sampling of cheeses, cookies, cakes and teas typical of Scotland.
We will also begin accepting deposits ($500 per person) at this meeting, so if you want to lock in your place on the trip, you may do so there following the presentations. Checks only, please.
Call us at (973) 326-7603 to reserve your place for this informative program.
Check out the new Scotland2011 section of the website for all the up-to-date information, including maps and a detailed itinerary.
Save the Dates!
Many other programs are listed in our Events Calendar, but here are a few you may want to check out and add to your calendar:
- Travel With the Friends to Scotland - Sun September 12. Learn all about the Friends 40th Anniversary fabulous trip to Scotland in Spring 2011.
- Adult Intermediate Flower Arranging Class - Tuesday, September 14th at 6pm. Join Marge Hulstrunk for the second level of flower arranging.
- Introduction to Permaculture - Friday, September 17th, 7:00pm. Wanda Knapik, owner of My Local Garden, will share her experiences and advice on how to create a perennial polyculture of multipurpose plants that are edible and beautiful.
- Summit / Short Hills Garden Tour - Sunday, September 19th, 10am. Enjoy exclusive access to five beautiful gardens in Summit and Short Hills on this "drive yourself" tour.
- Herbal Vinegars Workshop - Friday, September 24th, 10:30a or 7:00pm. Make a trio of tasty herbal vinegars using herbs grown at the Arboretum and three different types of vinegar. Handsome bottles, personalized labels and matching ribbon make this a nice hostess gift -- but you won't want to give them away!