Make some scented sugar this Saturday morning at The Frelinghuysen Arboretum!
Just bring yourself and an 4-8 ounce glass jar with a wide mouth and a cover. We'll meet at 10:30am at the Scherer Garden and spend about 30 minutes together. We'll bring the sugar and scented geraniums - such as rose, nutmeg, citrus & apple.
Scented sugars are great for baking and adding to herbal teas - what a neat gift!
It's free, and no registration is needed. Hope to see you there!
What to Do Sunday?
Looking for something to do with the kids on Sunday afternoon?
Here are two suggestions:/p>
- Family Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Exhibit of Fairy Houses on Sylvan Terrace
September is just around the corner -- register for these classes now! (click on the links for more information).
- Learn how to arrange vegetables into a charming table design with Floral Designer Marge Hulstrunk on September 8 at "Garden to Table Centerpiece."
- Hear author Magda Salvesen's talk on fabulous gardens in the Tri State Area from her marvelous Norton Press book "Exploring Gardens and Green Spaces" on September 9.
- There are still a few seats on the bus for our Hudson River Ramble on September 19. We'll be visiting the Blithewood Garden at Bard College, Montgomery Place Historic House and Garden and lunching in the charming river town of Rhinebeck.
- Plantsman Daryl Kobesky of the famed Pleasant Run Nursery will be talking Fall Planting on September 13. Daryl shares his knowledge to enrich and improve your garden with unusual and NJ appropriate trees and shrubs. Whether you are just getting started or need to fill in a spot - his suggestions and advice are timely.
- Preserve the bounty of the herb garden at Herbal Vinegar Workshops on September 14. Sample an array of herbal vinegars and make three bottles of your own to keep or to give as a lovely and unique hostess gift at Thanksgiving.
What's in Bloom At the Arboretum
Coming for a walk? Check out what’s in bloom right here with our on-line What's in Bloom list.
Remember that all our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.
Our Retail Partners list continues to grow! Look under "Membership" and then "Discount Offers" on our website (or just click on the headline above).
Remember to bring your membership card when shopping.