Grow, Cook, Eat -- Peppers: Hot or Not
A Spade to Spatula Garden Series
Go from spade to spatula each month with Horticultural Program Specialists Gwen Montgomery and Cynthia Triolo. The series focuses on a different garden vegeta- ble every month during the growing season and offers growing suggestions, planting tips, pests and diseases, new varieties and recipes.
April’s focus is on Brassicas, in May we’ll be discussing heirloom tomatoes and June is all about peppers. We’ll have seeds, recipes and a tasting sample to get you motivated to get out in the garden and plant. Each session in this series is eligible for 1.5 Rutgers Master Gardener CEU’s.
If you like to eat as much as you like to garden and want to learn more about new and different varieties of vegetables, sign up today.
- April 16 – Brassicas: Broccoli, Cabbage and Cauliflower
- May 21 – Heirloom Tomatoes
- June 18 – Peppers: Hot or Not
- July 16 – Beets and Kohlrabi
- August 20 – Not Your Ordinary Salad Greens: Wild Arugula, Tatsoi and more
- September 17 – Tomato Redux
- October 15 – Potatoes
- November 19 – Winter Roots: Turnips, Rutabagas, Parsnips