Plant Sale This Weekend!
The biggest and best Friends Annual Plant Sale just got bigger and better AND IT'S THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!
The tent is up and Plant Sale Co-chairmen Sue & Ilona and our wonderful Park Commission staff and volunteers have been busy all week receiving truckloads of Plants. Sue says the plant material is more beautiful than ever and it will all be ready for sale tomorrow afternoon at 4pm at the Members-only Preview Party and Sale, followed by the Main Event public sale at 9am Saturday
15th Annual Friends Plant Sale - Friday April 30th & Saturday May 1st
The biggest and best plant sale of the year kicks off this Friday evening April 30th with the Members-only Party and Sale and is followed the next day, Saturday May 1st, by the Main Event Plant Sale open to all.
What's special about the Friday Members-only Party and Sale, Friday from 4 - 7 pm?
- Come to the Friday Members Party and Sale and get first pick on this year's great selection.
- Plant experts help you make the "just right" choices for your garden.
- Enjoy a Country Picnic.
- Pick up your Members Plant Dividend
- Call 973-326-7603 by Tuesday, April 27th to reserve your spot
- Not a member? You can still join by calling the above number.
The public sale, the Main Event, runs Saturday May 1st from 9am - 3pm.
- Expert help
- Container demonstrations
- Lots of great plants
- Come early for best selection
Click on the tent at right to go to the Plant Sale page and read all about the plants, see videos and meet the Plant Experts, the red-hatted cadre who will guide your selections at the Members-only Party and Sale. Other Plant Sale resources include:
Please note that we accept cash and checks only.
See you at the Plant Sale.
Bus Trip to Ladew Topiary Gardens - Wed. May 12th
Join The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum on the road to Ladew Topiary Gardens in Monkton, Maryland. Ladew is well known for its topiary and flower gardens. Upon arriving, enjoy a catered luncheon, then a guided tour of Henry Ladew's gardens and Manor House featuring his extensive collection of decorative arts.
There will be a rest stop in the morning, and a dinner stop (at your expense and with numerous choices) on the way home. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear. Click on the image at right to open a flier, or click here to go to our Events Page.
Save the Dates!
Many other programs are listed in our Events Calendar, but here are a few you may want to check out and add to your calendar:
- Solving Slopes (Wed. May 26th) - everything about gardening on a slope!
- A Day in the Country Bus Trip (Sun June 6th) - be a part of a very limited number of guests as we head to Sussex County's back roads in the Great Limestone Valley.
- Alpine Trough Day (Sun June 6th) - lectures, demonstrations, talks on container gardening with alpine plants, presented by the Watnong chapter of the North American Rock Garden Society (NARGS).
- Cooking Series - Give Peas a Chance (Sunday June 27th) - another of chef and master gardener, Cynthia Triolo's wonderful cooking classes. These perennial sell-outs fill fast, so register now!
That's it for this time. Hope you enjoyed this edition of the newsletter. Tell your friends about this handy way to keep up with activities at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum (complete directions for subscribing are on our website at http://www.arboretumfriends.org/node/289.