Tuesday, August 10th, 6pm - 8pm
Everyone should know the basics of a good flower arrangement. Even the simplest garden or cut flowers from your local market can be made into a charming arrangement. With a little knowledge, practice and the right container, you can make an artistic design. Have fun while learning!
Instructor Marge Hulstrunk has been a professional floral designer for over 20 years, and she will cover all the basics so you will have confidence in yourself as an arranger. You will have a new appreciation for flower arranging after this workshop. Please register early as class size is limited.
Friday Night Family Movies - WALL- E
Enjoy viewing this family classic on a big screen on the Arboretum's Great Lawn. Picnics are welcome. Bring a blanket or chairs.
Date: Friday, August 27 - No advance registration needed
Time: 7:30 pm. Arboretum opens at 6pm
Part-time Position Opening
The Morris County Park Commission is looking for a PART TIME RECEPTIONIST.
Location: The Haggerty Education Center at The Frelinghuysen Arboretum.
Hours: Saturday and/or Sunday, from 9:00am - 4:30pm.
You must have:
- An organized and responsible manner
- A friendly, helpful attitude
- Good basic computer skills (WordPerfect and Email)
If you are interested in this position, please email a letter of interest to Lesley Parness, Superintendent of Horticultural Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please
The Friends start celebrating their 40th Anniversary with a fabulous trip to Scotland in May/June 2011, just in time for the Edinburgh Flower Show.
Learn all about the public and private gardens (and a wee bit of shopping) that travelers will enjoy at this informational talk complete with Scottish fare and accompanying bagpipers. Speakers include Susan Cloyd from C-I-E Tours International and Trip Co-Chairs Karen Curry and Ollie Acheson.
Check out the new Scotland2011 section of the website for all the up-to-date information.
Save the Dates!
Many other programs are listed in our Events Calendar, but here are a few you may want to check out and add to your calendar:
- Travel With the Friends to Scotland - Sun September 12. Learn all about the Friends 40th Anniversary fabulous trip to Scotland in Spring 2011.
- Adult Intermediate Flower Arranging Class - Tuesday, September 14th at 6pm. Join Marge Hulstrunk for the second level of flower arranging.
- Introduction to Permaculture - Friday, September 17th, 7:00pm. Wanda Knapik, owner of My Local Garden, will share her experiences and advice on how to create a perennial polyculture of multipurpose plants that are edible and beautiful.
- Summit / Short Hills Garden Tour - Sunday, September 19th, 10am. Enjoy exclusive access to five beautiful gardens in Summit and Short Hills on this "drive yourself" tour.