We are pleased to announce the start of a Book Club in our library. Please click this link for all the exciting details.
Branching Out! 40th Birthday Party
Our children’s gardening program, “Branching Out!” celebrated its 40th birthday on August 11. Click here to see an album of photos of the celebration which included lots of non-battery powered games. Over 150 “Branching Out!” participants and alumni attended and a great time was had by all.
September is just 2 weeks away. Time to add these dates to your calendar and sign up now:
- Exploring Gardens and Green Spaces on Sunday September 9 with author and art historian Magda Salvesen. This promises to be an intelligent and illuminating talk on gardens of the tri-state area.
- Hudson River Ramble Bus Trip on Wednedsay, September 19. Two splendid gardens with rivers views and lunch in your choice of Rhinebeck’s charming eateries.
- Plants for Fall Gardening on Thursday, September 13. Plantsman Daryl Kobesky shares his knowledge of meritorius trees and shrubs for our gardens. Fall is the perfect time to plant!
- Garden Series: Fall, Putting the Garden to Bed on September 15 focuses on the vegetable garden, preparing it for next year and extending your growing season.
- What to do with all those extra zuchinni, tomatoes and cukes? Garden to Table Centerpiece Demonstration on Saturday, September 8. Floral designer Marge Hulstrunk turns her attention to the edible and makes it incredible – learn from a pro, then go home and amaze your family and guests with your creation.
- The herb garden is buff. How to savor those flavors all year long? Make herbal vinegars at the Herbal Vinegar Workshops! The class is offered on September 14 at `10:30 or at 7. Space is limited, so register now – bring a friend, it’s a lot of fun.
- Scented Geranium alert! Join Lesley Parness on Sunday, September 9 at 10:30am in the Scherer Garden. Bring a sharp and clean small pruner or large scissor. We’ll provide everything else you’ll need for propagating scented geraniums from cuttings. No registration needed. This class will be re-scheduled in the event of persistent rain. If in doubt, call 973-326-7600 on Sunday.
What's in Bloom At the Arboretum
Coming for a walk? Check out what’s in bloom right here with our on-line What's in Bloom list.
Remember that all our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.
Our Retail Partners list continues to grow! Look under "Membership" and then "Discount Offers" on our website (or just click on the headline above).
Remember to bring your membership card when shopping.