Sounds of Spring
We heard the sound of hammers hard at work on the Marsh Meadow Deck this morning. The Construction Crew is replacing all the decking there.
Soon it will be ready for you to enjoy – perhaps with a beverage from Matilda’s Café.
Speaking of Matilda’s Café – it is set to open on April 10.
Check out their spring menu on the Matilda's Café page.
The Post Office Lost Our Newsletters
Can you believe it? The USPS lost all of our newsletters! We mailed well over a thousand at the beginning of March and not a single one has been delivered.
If you want to receive one electronically, or by mail, please contact Margery Ennist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or just visit the Arboretum Leaves page on our website and download it from there.
Upcoming programs include:
- Grow, Cook, Eat: Annual Herbs on April 15 – register here.
- Cooking Demonstration: Chutneys on April 19 – register here.
- Lilacs: An Old fashioned Plant for Moderns Gardens (to be held at Willowwood Arboretum) on April 25 – register here.
April Affiliates offerings include:
- The Frelinghuysen Arboretum Gesneriad Society’s “Hoarders” talk on April 2
- North American Butterfly Association’s talk on butterfly habitats on April 7
- The NJ State Chrysanthemum Society’s talk on “Planning Your Vegetable Garden” on April 10
- African Violet Club of Morris County’s Annual Show on April 11 and 12
As a member of The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum you can enjoy discounts at our Retail Partners. Please show your Friends' membership card at time of purchase. Click here to see the up-to-date list of fine vendors.
Matilda's Café re-opens April 10th.
All our events can be found on our Events Page where, we are happy to say, you can register and pay on line -- just click on the "Add to Cart" buttons on our Events page and Membership page. Alternatively, you may register by calling 973-326-7603.