Meeting - 4/9/10
Meeting at Haggerty Center, 4/9/10
Susan Cloyd and Jill Lynch of CIE Tours
Lesley Parness of Morris County Park Commission
Sue Acheson, Karen Curry and Ollie Acheson of Friends of the Frelinghuysen Arboretum
- Jill explained deposits requirements: 100 days prior to trip (early Feb 2011) must have $250 per person + 150 per person for optional trip insurance.
- The bus capacity is 48 persons.
- The driver is also a guide.
- When pricing, she will give 3 prices:
- 20 - 24 persons
- 25 - 29 - probably use this as publicity number -- can always
- 30 - 34 (note that bookings 30+ give 2 fee land accomodations)
- The prices estimated in early February by Susan Cloyd are only estimates. Until the formal pricing is done, we should think in terms of $3,500 cost, 4,000 sell per person.
- all breakfasts will be included
- lunches - driver picks; individuals pay.
- dinners - most included.
- We discussed the desire to add or substitute some private gardens. Sue had tagged several in the book _________.
- Karen, Sue and Ollie will finalize (1) suggested private gardens; (2) comments on hotels, itinerary by 4/18 so Jill can make contacts and begin pricing process. Need pricing shortly thereafter to support publicity schedule, below.
- Mention minimum numbers using 25-29 prices
- Poster at Plant Sale (Apr 30, May 1)
- Next Arboretum Leaves newsletter goes to print mid-May - article
- Info session at Arboretum in September. Susan indicated willingness to make presentation
- We will use this website to handle planning activities and, ultimately develop publicity for the trip.