Ninth Annual Community Garden Conference
The Friends of The Frelinghuysen Arboretum and Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Morris County are teaming up to present their Annual Community Garden Conference for the ninth year in a row.
This year’s keynote speaker is Barbara Pleasant, Author, Lecturer and Gardening Expert for Mother Earth News. Her talk, Creating Abundance – The Community Gardening Experience will highlight the many things that go on among gardeners who work with others or share what they grow, along with the often unsung benefits to individuals and communities. The impressive list of session speakers, all experts in their field, will cover topics both relevant and pertinent to community gardeners, garden managers, and those trying to establish a new community garden.
The topics for the 2019 conference include:
- The Top Ten Pests and Diseases of 2018 with County Agent and Rutgers vegetable and small fruit expert Peter Nitzsche,
- Mastering the Art of Vegetable Gardening with author and plantsman Matt Mattus,
- Garden Tools and Ergonomics with Shaun Ananko of Grow It Green Morristown,
- Autumn Abundance: Extending the Vegetable Growing Season with Nick Storrs, owner of Homegrown Nursery in Tarrytown and instructor at the New York Botanical Garden,
- Horticultural Therapy and Community Gardens with Ann Fahey of the Morris County Park Commission, and
- a Garden Coordinators Round Table on Communication Strategies.
It’s a full day of education, exhibitors, networking, and camaraderie. Lunch is provided.
This program is eligible for 5.0 Rutgers Master Gardener CEU’s.
Please bring a donation for the Interfaith Food Pantry of Morris County.
Cost $50 per person before February 1, $60 per person after February 1
Register and pay in either of two methods: Download the registration form above to pay by check or register and pay on line by clicking the button below. PLEASE DO A SEPARATE REGISTRATION FOR EACH PERSON SO WE CAN GET THE RIGHT COUNT OF PROGRAM SELECTIONS AND MEALS.
SNOW DATE Sun Mar 3