Combining WordPress’s Media Library with the FooGallery plugin allows creation of high quality image galleries that may be displayed anywhere within the site.
Click the thumbnail at right for a summary of the workflow, details of which are below.
1. Add Images to Media Library
- See Standards for appropriate sizes.
- Use “Add New” under Media Library to open upload page.
- Drag and drop images.
- Wait till all images uploaded and processed.
2. Categorize those images as “Photo Gallery”
- Go to main Media Library page. The new images should be at top.
- Select them all (checkboxes on left) and drag them onto “Photo Gallery” category in left sidebar.
- Add captions to each image by going to list view, then unlock by clicking “Edit mode is locked” at top.
- Then type captions next to each newly added image.
3. Create FooGallery using those images in Media Library
- Open Add New FooGallery (in left sidebar).
- Add the title.
- Click “Add from Media Library”
- Select images followed using checkboxes and then clicking “Add Media” in bottom right.
- On return to FooGallery page, click “Publish” button on right.
4. Copy FooGallery shortcode – click on the shortcode displayed under Gallery Shortcode on the right.
5. Create new post for display of photo gallery – click on Add New Post in left sidebar.
6. Add title and text as appropriate.
7. Add shortcode as last block – add a shortcode block, then paste the shortcode from step 4, above.
8 Categorize post as “PhotoGallery”
9. Publish and check
- View the newly created gallery post.
- Are the images there?
- Do they open to full size?
- Do the navigation buttons work?
- Then go to Photo Gallery page. Does the newly created gallery show there?