Publish & Unpublish Slider Items
This describes how to add and remove the slider items that appear on the Home page of the website.
Publish a Slider Item
- Log in to the website.
- Add a new event if necessary.
- Navigate to the event in EventsDev-Future view and note the event number (in parenthesis at end of title).
- Create a 400px x 400px image for the slider and note its location on your computer.
- Click the “Add Slider” button in the right sidebar.
- Add a title — this becomes the image caption in the slider.
- Click the “Add Image” button and navigate to the location of the 400×400 image on your computer. Select it and upload it.
- Add the URL of the event you wish the image to be linked to. This will be of the form: https://www.arboretumfriends.org//Events#NNNNN where NNNNN is the event number you found in the earlier step. Don’t omit the pound sign — the link won’t work without it.
- Set the Publish / Unpublished dates and times
- Leave Publish date / time blank if you are going to publish it immediately
- Set Publish Yes to publish it immediately.
- Press “Save”. The Slider is now active.
Unpublish a Slider Item
- Log in to website.
- Click on “Content” in black menu bar at top of page.
- Set Type to “nivo_slider” and Published to “Yes” then click Apply.
- The content list will show you the currently published slider items.
- Check the box at left of the item (or items) you want to unpublish. Do this by clicking the box.
- Set Operations to “Unpublish”
- Click Execute button. The item is unpublished and no longer appears on the Home Page.